Video player background

Question

• Hi Guys,

We have a video App for Windows 8. We are trying to set background color for the video. Attached are two images.

Problem only exist on desktop machines with VGA monitor. We are not able to reproduce same on Virtual Machine neither on ARM tablets. Even if we remote desktop from other machine (with HDMI input) to problem machine/monitor we see black background. We tried to set background color on video tag but all the time it comes back with white background. If you can please point us to right direction it would be great.

Expected Behavior (Background black indicated by arrow):

Video with background black

Existing  Behavior (Background white indicated by arrow):

Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You will have to post sample code showing the problem since I can't duplicate the problem.

Thanks!

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, December 17, 2012 8:30 PM
  • Hi,

You will have to post sample code showing the problem since I can't duplicate the problem.

Thanks!

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, December 17, 2012 8:30 PM
  • We're hitting the same problem. We have a page with a <video> tag, and on our developer machines we see the black background, but when we deploy to our test machine we see a white background (even though there is no background-color: white anywhere!). 
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 1:55 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

Below is the code for same. Did you try reproducing same on only Desktop and if possible on VGA monitors please?

<div id="video-player" data-win-control="PlayerFramework.MediaPlayer" data-win-options="{
                    isFullScreenVisible: true,
                    autoplay: true,
                    width: '100%',
                    height: '100%',
                    isSignalStrengthVisible: true,
                    isMediaQualityVisible: true,
                    skipAheadInterval : 2
                }"></div>

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:42 PM
  • I have a desktop machine with a VGA and DVI output.  The video does not show white for me at all.  Are you able to reproduce the problem on every VGA machine, or just a particular video card?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:14 PM
  • Since I haven't heard from you, I'm going to recommend that if this continues to be a problem in the future, please open a support case and we'll look at it in depth.  You get two cases with your Store account.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, January 7, 2013 4:20 PM