none
error when running C# program that links data base to GUI RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting an error message that reads "Unable to find installable ISAM"  I am using Visual Studio 2008, access 2007, windows vista.  Any suggestions?
    • Moved by Aland Li Thursday, April 8, 2010 11:38 AM Incorrect forum (From:ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects)
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 11:28 PM

Answers

• The error indicates that your connection string is incorrect. The keyword "DataSource" should be two separate words.

custConnect.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;"  +
                    "Data Source=Customer.accdb";

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    • Marked as answer by BC3 Saturday, April 10, 2010 4:27 PM
    Friday, April 9, 2010 5:29 PM

All replies

• I am not clear on your question is it an error which you have been getting after installation of the application or it at the time your development also please have a look at this link: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adodotnetdataproviders/thread/62ee4978-ca29-48d3-9367-6dd4ab639d2d
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 6:56 AM
  • Ok, lets see if I can expain better, unfortunately I am somewhat of a beginner.  I am using Microsoft office access 2007, using Microsoft Vista, and visual studio 2008.  I am writting a program that uses a GUI to show and change a Access data base.  When I first tried to run it from start without debugging, it gave me an error message that said:  The Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine".  After looking through articles I found a suggestion to change the configuration manager to x86.  After doing this I received a new error message when I tried to start without debugging it reads:

"Could not find installable ISAM"

This is the code I have entered into form1.cs:

using System;

using System.Collections.Generic;

using System.ComponentModel;

using System.Data;

using System.Drawing;

using System.Linq;

using System.Text;

using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace DB3

{

public partial class Form1 : Form

{

DataTable custDataTable;

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection custConnect;

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter custDataAdapter;

BindingSource custBindingSource = new BindingSource();

public Form1()

{

InitializeComponent();

}

private void buttonLD_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

String sqlStr = "Select * From CustomerTable";

custConnect = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection();

custDataTable = new DataTable();

custConnect.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;" +

"DataSource=Customer.accdb";

custConnect.Open();

custDataAdapter = new System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(sqlStr, custConnect);

custDataAdapter.Fill(custDataTable);

custBindingSource.DataSource = custDataTable;

customerTableDataGridView.DataSource = custBindingSource;

}

}

}

I just can't seem to figure this out, I won't go into how many hours I have spent on this, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 11:18 AM
  • You're posting into the ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects forum, and I don't think that's the right place for your question. I suggest looking for a database forum.
    Phil Wilson
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 6:55 PM
  • Hi

I am moving this thread from the "ClickOnce and Setup & Deployment Projects " forum to the "ADO.NET Data Providers " forum, since the issue is related to "ADO.NET Data Providers ". There are more "ADO.NET Data Providers " experts in the "ADO.NET Data Providers " forum.

Aland Li

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark if they don't. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 11:37 AM
  • Hello,

First, please make sure the Office 2007 data driver is installed correctly, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7554F536-8C28-4598-9B72-EF94E038C891&displaylang=en.

Then, please check whether the connection string for Access 2007 is correct, http://www.connectionstrings.com/access-2007

Best Regards,
    Lingzhi Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, April 9, 2010 8:07 AM
  • The error indicates that your connection string is incorrect. The keyword "DataSource" should be two separate words.

custConnect.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;"  +
                    "Data Source=Customer.accdb";

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    • Marked as answer by BC3 Saturday, April 10, 2010 4:27 PM
    Friday, April 9, 2010 5:29 PM