none
Class Device missing? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

in the documentation of the Kinect Sdk (64bit) from last week there is mentioned a class named Device. I used this also in the previous sdk, but now it seems to be missing. Any clue where it is gone?

best regards

Bernhard

Wednesday, November 9, 2011 7:50 AM

All replies

• If it doesnt show up in the documentation then its not available to the programmer to use.
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt.
    Wednesday, November 9, 2011 2:47 PM
  • It shows up in the documentation, but in the classlib it is gone (C#).
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:16 AM
  • Weird lets wait and see if eddy can help confirm any of these missing libraries.
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt.
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 1:43 PM
  • Have you tried the Microsoft.Research.Kinect.Nui.Runtime class? You can get one of these by calling Microsoft.Kinect.Nui.Runtime.Kiencts[i] (where i is the index of the Kinect you are trying to get).

Friday, November 11, 2011 4:25 AM
  • If you was using the device class to see if you had kinects connected and how many then your have to use Microsoft.Research.Kinect.Nui.Runtime.Kinects.Count as the new property for that device class. I think your suppose to use the event in the Microsoft.Research.Kinect.Nui.Runtime.Kinects class to detect if kinects are available or not but why fix something that was not broken hey?.
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 6:58 PM
  • Im wondering when i will be able to loop through kinects and use the players depth streams and skeleton tracking for both kinects or is their a way to loop through each of the kinects using the index and activate the skeleton and depthstream for tracking players every few seconds? Then activate the next kinect for skeleton tracking then refresh the first kinect after that

• Edited by The Thinker Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:43 PM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:42 PM
  • The response time between activating and reactivating a kinect for what you just asked would probably be too slow to be of any practical use to you. Your be better of requesting to Microsoft or who ever is in charge with the kinect’s SDK development for those capabilities.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 3:22 PM
  • They need to at least let me passively identify players on a second kinect and do the depth stream on the kinect please note this eddy or kinect support for future release into a future kinect sdk.

• Edited by The Thinker Tuesday, November 15, 2011 4:24 PM
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 4:23 PM
  • I agree.
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:59 PM