none
Biztalk wcf-sap adapter connectivity issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Recently got to see an issue where biztalk is sending same idoc twice/thrice to SAP and this i assume is happening as part of connectivity issue where Biztalk sap adapter fails to connect to SAP or timeouts . So basically whats happening is when there is timeout or connectivity is lost then we are getting a 0kb file archived in biztalk and during this time looks like the idoc is sent to SAP system, but because biztalk keeps retrying i think while doing this when connectivity is fine then the idoc is archived again with whatever size and then is again sending the same idoc to SAP making it post twice in SAP which is unacceptable. 

This issue is happening one or twice every now and then and not frequently but is a serious issue. Does anyone using wcf-sap adapter in BTS 2013 R2 come across something similar to this ? any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated. I have been looking for answers and found nothing as yet. Please looking forward for any suggestions asap.  Thank you. 

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 4:19 PM

All replies

• An option could be to remove the retry count until you find a solution to the problem

/Peter

Wednesday, January 24, 2018 11:18 PM
  • Hi Peter , Thanks for the reply. If in case the retry count is not set then in case of failure the message doesnt get delivered and i suppose it gets suspended. I was just think if this could be because of the 2 biztalk nodes we have.. does this host be clustered by any chance like we do for the FTP adapter? it works very well with single biztalk node . any suggestions

Friday, January 26, 2018 10:14 AM
  • Yes removing retry count will cause the message to suspend in case of connectivity is lost 

With two nodes/send ports I'll assume duplicates in case of a retry
    Are you able to examine which node is sending?

/Peter

Friday, January 26, 2018 11:35 AM
  • No, you don't need to cluster hosts for send ports, this won't be the cause of the duplicates. 

Only the retry setting would be causing that.

Monday, January 29, 2018 9:58 PM
  • Hi Peter,

Not sure whcih node is causing this issue as we got to know about it recently and we dont have any tracked instances . So just trying to recreate the issue on other environment and try as you suggested. Thanks for the suggestions. I shall keep updated once we know something on this.   

Friday, February 2, 2018 2:56 PM
  • Hi Colin,

Thanks for the response. I shall try as suggested. 

Friday, February 2, 2018 2:56 PM