none
Not able to deploy Azure Digital Twin example SmartHotel360 RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to deploy the "Smart Hotel 360" in azure, got the error

{"code":"DeploymentFailed","message":"At least one resource deployment operation failed. Please list deployment operations for details. Please see https://aka.ms/arm-debug for usage details.","details":[{"code":"Unauthorized","message":"{\r\n \"Code\": \"Unauthorized\",\r\n \"Message\": \"The scale operation is not allowed for this subscription in this region. Try selecting different region or scale option.\",\r\n \"Target\": null,\r\n \"Details\": [\r\n {\r\n \"Message\": \"The scale operation is not allowed for this subscription in this region. Try selecting different region or scale option.\"\r\n },\r\n {\r\n \"Code\": \"Unauthorized\"\r\n },\r\n {\r\n \"ErrorEntity\": {\r\n \"ExtendedCode\": \"52020\",\r\n \"MessageTemplate\": \"The scale operation is not allowed for this subscription in this region. Try selecting different region or scale option.\",\r\n \"Parameters\": [\r\n \"default\"\r\n ],\r\n \"Code\": \"Unauthorized\",\r\n \"Message\": \"The scale operation is not allowed for this subscription in this region. Try selecting different region or scale option.\"\r\n }\r\n }\r\n ],\r\n \"Innererror\": null\r\n}"}]}

I am using the free trial version. Could you please help me to solve the issue? Thanks in advance!

Friday, August 16, 2019 1:41 PM

All replies

• Could you try with another region and see if it works? Are you following this documentation for the steps?

Monday, August 19, 2019 11:46 AM
  • Yes. I followed the documentation. Also I tried with regions "westus2, south india, Australia Central, East US, Central US,North Central US, West Europe". 

Detailed log as follows,

{ "id": "/subscriptions/0a8c2dab-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-cacbad751fd8/resourceGroups/proto/providers/Microsoft.Resources/deployments/SmartHotel360-IoT-Demo/operations/5589AA9B8D09255F", "operationId": "5589AA9B8D09255F", "properties": { "provisioningOperation": "Create", "provisioningState": "Failed", "timestamp": "2019-08-18T07:29:00.9272527Z", "duration": "PT7.5112931S", "trackingId": "b43a5aef-4a04-47e3-8ac6-a022d30e75d8", "statusCode": "Unauthorized", "statusMessage": { "Code": "Unauthorized", "Message": "The scale operation is not allowed for this subscription in this region. Try selecting different region or scale option.", "Target": null, "Details": [ { "Message": "The scale operation is not allowed for this subscription in this region. Try selecting different region or scale option." }, { "Code": "Unauthorized" }, { "ErrorEntity": { "ExtendedCode": "52020", "MessageTemplate": "The scale operation is not allowed for this subscription in this region. Try selecting different region or scale option.", "Parameters": [ "default" ], "Code": "Unauthorized", "Message": "The scale operation is not allowed for this subscription in this region. Try selecting different region or scale option." } } ], "Innererror": null }, "targetResource": { "id": "/subscriptions/0a8c2dab-8e96-4981-8f7f-cacbad751fd8/resourceGroups/proto/providers/Microsoft.Web/serverfarms/sh360iot-FunctionASP-inpov6dn4chyy", "resourceType": "Microsoft.Web/serverfarms", "resourceName": "sh360iot-FunctionASP-inpov6dn4chyy" } }}

Monday, August 19, 2019 12:04 PM
  • @digital_twin

Just to confirm, Are you owner of the Azure subscription?

Ensure that you have required privileges on the subscription to create or update services. 

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 9:08 AM
  • @AshokPeddakotla-MSFT

Yes. I own this subcription.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 9:35 AM
  • As mentioned, Due to the amount of resources of the demo, the consumption of Azure is around $200 approximately per month with three nodes on the AKS cluster. Depending on the Azure region with the default parameters.

As per the error message, it appears to be that you are creating resources other that the supported regions. 

Please check the supported regions here per service which you are deploying. If you still getting the same error message, please contact support for further help. Refer How to create an Azure support request for more details.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 11:04 AM