Formatting Text in a Textbox RRS feed

• Question

• I have .txt file data that I need to display in a VB textbox in WindowsForm.  If I open the txt file in Wordpad, the file is displayed in tablular format.  When I open the file in notepad the text data is strung together. I would like to be able to display this file data in my textbox in tabular form but what I get when I open the data is formatted like Notepad.

In my program, I read the file data into a string and then perform Textbox1.text=MyString.

What do I need to do in my Textbox command to enforce data formatting like WordPad.

Thanks,

Fred

Thursday, November 13, 2008 1:30 AM

Answers

• Is this actually an RTF file?  Lots of forward slashes?  Then you'll need to use RichTextBox.
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 6:51 PM

All replies

• Is this actually an RTF file?  Lots of forward slashes?  Then you'll need to use RichTextBox.
    Thursday, November 13, 2008 6:51 PM
  • Hi CuriousUser

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!

Best wishes

Jun Wang

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 2:24 AM