Error creating Deployment Project RRS feed

• Question

• User1411703392 posted

Hello,

Trying to create my deployment project I get the following error:

Error    2          The type 'CSR.Controls_AdminWelcome' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\csr\54441ac5\35fefa20\App_Web_lqwvp_ji.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\csr\54441ac5\35fefa20\App_Web_qnfbyi2e.dll' c:\Daten\Projekte\CSR\Code\CSR\CSRMaster.master           122            1          CSR_deploy

Why could that be created twice?

THX

Thursday, July 27, 2006 7:59 AM

All replies

• User-403641541 posted

I would love to know the answer to this myself.

INTERMITTENTLY, we get a similar error, only typically it's type "Header" which makes me wonder if Header isn't a reserved word -- we have a user control named Header, and of course there is a property of Page that is also Header. However, it seems as though we only get this error on files in subfolders, not in the project root. Also, there seems to be a linked error about can't use CodeFile without specify Inherits ... all pages the errors messages specify properly use CodeFile and Inherits however.

Also, we get this situation on publish, but not on a local debug build/run. Furthermore, specifying fixed naming and single page assemblies for publish allows us to publish with apparent success -- but unchecking that option, we're back to where we started, lots of errors, and no build.

Tried playing with build order/dependencies, without success.

At times, this sort of error can be cleared by right-clicking your solution in the explorer, and selecting "clean solution." Unfortunately, on at least two occasions, we've run into this error, and no amount of cleaning, either through Visual Studio or manully, of temp files seems to fix it. Big-time ghost in the machine.

Tuesday, August 8, 2006 1:26 PM
  • User-403641541 posted
    also, as it appears with yours, this seems to typically revolve around Master pages.
    Tuesday, August 8, 2006 1:26 PM