none
VS Application setup

Question

• I am trying to setup an C# application in my machine. It uses several other libraries and not aware of those versions. One of the component used is Xamarin for Android. Please help how do I determine the VS version and other installer versions that was used to build this application. Is there any means I can find this using the source code?
    Saturday, September 24, 2016 5:48 PM

Answers

• Hi DKGopinath,

Refer to your description, it looks like you want to know the VS version that used to build the specific C# application, and this application is developed by someone, right?

To find the used VS version, you can try to open this solution file of this application, then you will find the VS version like the following screenshot:

After that, you can open your application in the corresponding VS version. To check the related build setting about those libraries, you can directly right-click the libraries name and choose ‘Properties’, in the Properties page, you will find some information about those libraries.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hi DKGopinath,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

What's your project type that you used? Please provide the detail information about your application, it will help us to provide a better support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 26, 2016 10:18 AM
  • Hi DKGopinath,

Refer to your description, it looks like you want to know the VS version that used to build the specific C# application, and this application is developed by someone, right?

To find the used VS version, you can try to open this solution file of this application, then you will find the VS version like the following screenshot:

After that, you can open your application in the corresponding VS version. To check the related build setting about those libraries, you can directly right-click the libraries name and choose ‘Properties’, in the Properties page, you will find some information about those libraries.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:02 AM