ReportWriter : Stretch with overflow RRS feed

• Question

• Dear friends,

I have a FRX file with a field that can stretch with overflow. I want to keep track of how many lines are occupied by that field while displaying / printing each record. can we do this?

It is needed regarding passbook printing where I want to save the last line number on the last printed page. so that I can continue printing on the next line in future.

If the row height remains constant, it's easy. But when the band height varies from record to record, how to this?

Thank you,

Ravi

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:16 AM
    Answerer

Answers

• Another option is to prepare all lines in advance to some DBF or cursor and then you know the number...
    • Proposed as answer by Vladimir Zografski Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by Youen Zen Monday, March 25, 2013 9:59 AM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:40 PM

All replies

• The only place I can think that "knows" how many lines it's using is the Render method within the ReportListener class. 

If you could get the number of lines, you would then have to save to a table identifying the client/account. Then retrieve this info to put a number of carriage returns at the start of the field next time it is printed. But before calling Report Form.

Of course, you will also have to know when to save this data, as opposed to it being a test print, a re-print  or a Preveiw print.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 12:14 PM
    Answerer
  • Another option is to prepare all lines in advance to some DBF or cursor and then you know the number...
    • Proposed as answer by Vladimir Zografski Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by Youen Zen Monday, March 25, 2013 9:59 AM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 7:40 PM