SQL SErver 2008 and MIRROR on Standard Editio - Single REDO thread still RRS feed

• Question

• I was looking at Features Supportes by the Edition of SQL Server 2008 Web page (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc645993.aspx) and for mirroring it said SAFETY FULL only as was the case in SS05. BUT I didn't singel limited to a single REDO thread as was the case in SS05. But I do see FAST RECOVERY NO and I know that means early on to the database before the recovery process is complete, but I guess that could also mean the # of REDO threads to perform that recovery.

So did something change in SS08?

Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:05 PM

Answers

•  

The features associated with Database Mirroring is the same for the editions in SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008.  They two are synonymous.  I hope this addresses your question.

Thanks

Ross

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 5:34 PM

All replies

•  

The features associated with Database Mirroring is the same for the editions in SQL Server 2005 and SQL Server 2008.  They two are synonymous.  I hope this addresses your question.

Thanks

Ross

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 5:34 PM
  • Thanks Ross. Do you work for MS? I marked the answer as right - but I would hate to get caught violating a license. If you don't work at MS and others watching this thread do, they should updated that feature chart with the same restriction they had in SS05

Sunday, September 7, 2008 10:05 AM