none
VSTO 2017 excel DLL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction for developing Excel addins please?

I have built a C# DLL using VSTO 2017 and I'm struggling how to get these functions into my excel worksheet. I'm familiar with writing Excel VBA and have used several addins in the past, although this is my first attempt at developing one. I know this DLL needs to be an XLL for the addin manager to recognise and I have searched a vast amount of websites and videos to understand how to do this with no success. MSDN had a clear 'how to' as per the following hyperlink, using XLFRegisterid 

(Sorry i was unable to post hyperlink)msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/bb687915.aspx#sectionSection1 

I would be greatfull for any assistance understanding this solution or any other methods out there. 

I would like to be able to use the functions within VBA as well as within the worksheet itself. 

I have noted that there are some very good products available like addinexpress which would solve this although they're very pricey. 

Kind regards 

David

Saturday, November 25, 2017 11:24 PM

Answers

All replies