Missing Templates in VS2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am running VS2008 Pro SP1 on Vista Business SP1. Installtion went fine but when I attempt to create a new project I only the the VB templates, not those for other .Net languages and not the setup and deployment projects, either.

Looking in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0 folder I noticed that the setup and deployment projects are located in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\Tools\Deployment\VsdProjects folder. VS2008 does not seem to look in this folder and setting the User template option to this folder does not solve the problem either.

Any suggestion on how I can access the missing templates?

Thank you
    ccdmfc
    Friday, October 31, 2008 10:12 AM

Answers

• Hi,

try to run Visual Studio by running the following command line:

Devenv.exe /InstallVSTemplates

Hope this helps

Alessandro Del Sole - Microsoft MVP http://community.visual-basic.it/Alessandro
    • Marked as answer by Xingwei Hu Thursday, November 6, 2008 7:44 AM
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 9:07 AM
  • Hello,

I'm using the 90 days version of VS 2008 Team Edition and when I try to follow the Workflow Foundation Labs, I don't get the VB / Workflow / Sequential Workflow Console Application template (have only the two Sharepoint templates).

I have tried your "devenv.exe /InstallVSTemplates" without any effect.

Any other suggestion (command line, download...) ?

Thanks.

Monday, November 3, 2008 10:55 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I use VS2008 PE SP1 on Vista Business SP1. Installation went fine but when I want to create a Setup and Deployment project there is no template available in the "Other Project Types" folder. Likewise, no programming languages other than VB are available although the 'About' box indicates that they have been installed.

Why do the templates not show? Are they not automatically installed when VS is installed?

Thank you.
    Regards.
    ccdmfc
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:49 AM
  • Hi,

try to run Visual Studio by running the following command line:

Devenv.exe /InstallVSTemplates

Hope this helps

Alessandro Del Sole - Microsoft MVP http://community.visual-basic.it/Alessandro
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 9:07 AM
  • Hello,

I'm using the 90 days version of VS 2008 Team Edition and when I try to follow the Workflow Foundation Labs, I don't get the VB / Workflow / Sequential Workflow Console Application template (have only the two Sharepoint templates).

I have tried your "devenv.exe /InstallVSTemplates" without any effect.

Any other suggestion (command line, download...) ?

Thanks.

Monday, November 3, 2008 10:55 AM