December 2015 CU issue with managed navigation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using SharePoint 2013 on premise version and recently update December CU 2015.

Recently one of the issue that we got with global managed navigation is that when you navigate to any top level term, the said term is coming in bold text means highlighted by this user can see where he/she is.

for top level hierarchy it is fine but if parent term has child/sub term and if user select it/navigate to that page. particular parent term is not highlighted instead it is highlighted some another parent term which is having no relation.

@Microsoft team: can you please try to reproduce and suggest some solution. also do we have plan to fix in next CU?

Thanks, KS

• Edited by Keval Solanki Thursday, March 10, 2016 2:05 PM more info
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 1:44 PM

Answers

• Hi K Solanki,

Please check if the other parent term refer to the same URL as the sub term.

If yes, it will highlight the parent term instead even it’s not the parent term of that sub term.

I could see the same behavior from my SharePoint On-prem and Office365 SharePoint online environment. Since the latest Office365 SharePoint online service has the same behavior, I would recommend you submit a feedback about this issue via the below link for your convenience, thanks.

http://sharepoint.uservoice.com/

Thanks,

Victoria 

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Dennis Guo Tuesday, April 5, 2016 4:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Dennis Guo Wednesday, April 6, 2016 9:30 AM
    Friday, March 11, 2016 9:11 AM