How to include VC++ application in C# projects RRS feed

• Question

• Hi..Alll,

My friend has created vc++ application for windows mobile.

I need to use that application in my windows mobile 6.1 projects ..!

How to integrate with this..!

Waiting for the reply..!

Thanks in advance,

Arun

Monday, July 12, 2010 12:00 PM

Answers

• Please make some clarification as nispio said. If it is a native DLL that you want to call in your C# project, you need to use a technique called P/Invoke. The following pages can get you started:

An Introduction to P/Invoke and Marshaling  
    Advanced P/Invoke  

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    • Proposed as answer by Mohsin S Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Friday, July 16, 2010 4:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:56 AM

All replies

• Arun,

Please be more specific. 

Has your friend given you a DLL, and EXE, a VC++ solution, or something else?  Do you need to call certain functions within your friend's program?  Do you need to open your friend's application as its own process? Do you need to pass command-line parameters to the application? Do you need to deploy the application as part of your project?

Please describe what you have to work with, and what you are trying to accomplish.  That will help us know how to help you.

Monday, July 12, 2010 2:39 PM
  • Please make some clarification as nispio said. If it is a native DLL that you want to call in your C# project, you need to use a technique called P/Invoke. The following pages can get you started:

An Introduction to P/Invoke and Marshaling  
    Advanced P/Invoke  

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    • Proposed as answer by Mohsin S Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:10 AM
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Friday, July 16, 2010 4:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 7:56 AM