Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, Dreamspark Team

Thanks for giving me the activation key. I am new in S-W world.  

I do not receive any installation key for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional, when download it from DreamsparkI have understand that it has a built in key with the installation file. Which means this installation file has a difference with trial or retail copy in activation technology. Please believe that personally I am an honest man and I have run Windows 7 OEM Pro 64 Bit Original OS with MS Office Pro 2010 licensed copy. I hate to use any legitimate copy or any unauthorized sell or distribution of any kind of S-W. I have found that there is lot of S-W available for me at www.dreamspark.com at free of cost.

Would you please tell me about activation of my downloaded copy of Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional. I have below questions:

1. Can I use the S-W in different computer under my supervision? like my own laptop and desktop.  
    or, It is a copy installation support for different PC's but installation and running one PC at a time like retail copy of Windows OS? 
    or, It is a copy like OEM OS i.e.; bundle to the hardware I have installed?

2. If I browse to the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional website it has said that different packages of professional copy bundled with MSDN >>  nothing without MSDN.

PROFESSIONAL 
    WITH MSDN ESSENTIALS
    PROFESSIONAL 
    WITH MSDN

3. Now what will be my MSDN Status ?
    4. What is the difference between MSDN essential vs MSDN? 
     I do not have any Subscriber ID for MSDN. I know I did not purchase it. I can login at MSDN with my hotmail ID but it has said "No subscription is associated with your live ID" as it should say like that. Interestingly If I visit MSDN website it has also different packages bundled with visual studio i.e.;  No MSDN without Visual Studio. 
    One thing I have understand that MSDN and Visual Studio has a core relationship. 

5. would you please tell me what is it?

6. I do not receive any terms and condition for Dreamspark.com please tell me that what right should I have and what type of use or distribution or Acknowledge Power should I have?

Please reply me the answer according to the question serial I have given.

Regards
    Fayez Ahmed Khan Noman
    Student-Dept. of EEE
    Eastern University
    • Edited by Khan Ahmed Tuesday, November 2, 2010 11:31 AM
    • Moved by Larcolais Gong Friday, November 5, 2010 2:48 AM (From:Visual Studio Setup and Installation)
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 11:14 AM

Answers

All replies

• I am not a developer and just want to learn programming. I am a Student of B.Sc in Engineering Electrical and Electronics. As a beginner it is not possible that I have purchased MSDN subscription without knowing how far could I go in Programming World.
    I am fond of Microsoft products. Thanks Microsoft for giving me the “Microsoft Expression Ultimate-4” and “Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional” free of cost through DreamSpark.com.
    At present I am just using these S-W to learn what it is and how to do using these. Hope, I will learn it soon. 

Noman Fayez
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 11:26 AM
  • I thing to be metioned it has properly installed and running smothly in my 64 Bit platform. At Help tab button if I click Register button a pop up indow come in front and said A Valid Register Key has been entered successfully, though I do not know what is my actual keys were. Because I did not entered any key. 

Noman Fayez
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 11:44 AM
  • Hi Noman,

Thank you for your post.

At first, could you please clarify which specific concern would you like to consult?

CHEERS,

Larcolais

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 4:41 AM
  • Hi Larcolais,

would you please answer the following questions:

1. Can I use the S-W in different computer under my supervision? like my own laptop and desktop.  
    or, It is a copy installation support for different PC's but installation and running one PC at a time like retail copy of Windows OS? 
    or, It is a copy like OEM OS i.e.; bundle to the hardware I have installed?
    2. If I browse to the Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Professional website it has said that different packages of professional copy bundled with MSDN >>  nothing without MSDN. Now what is my MSDN Status ? I think I do not have any. I do not have any Subscriber ID for MSDN. I know I did not purchase it. I can login at MSDN with my hotmail ID but it has said "No subscription is associated with your live ID" as it should say like that. Interestingly If I visit MSDN website it has also different packages bundled with visual studio i.e.;  No MSDN without Visual Studio. One thing I have understand that MSDN and Visual Studio has a core relationship. Would you please tell me what is it?
    Noman Fayez
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 7:43 PM
  • Hi Noman,

Regarding your concern, I would recommend that you could consult it into DreamSpark forum. You will get more helpful suggestions there. https://www.dreamspark.com/ContactUs.aspx

Regards,

Larcolais

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Khan Ahmed Friday, November 5, 2010 8:23 PM
    Friday, November 5, 2010 2:48 AM