none
mso-position-horizontal & mso-position-horizontal-relative RRS feed

• Question

• For v:shape style='...' how do mso-position-horizontal & mso-position-horizontal-relative set the left edge of a text box (and same question for the vertical ones). They appear to be very different ways of setting the edge.

Also if neither is set, it looks like the margin-left:123.45pt is measured from the page margin, but not from the paragraph margin (if the left margin is set to a non zero value) - yet if measured from text shouldn't it go from the paragraph margin?

thanks - dave

{bug1025}

Very funny video - What's your Metaphor?
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 5:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Dave,

One of our engineers will look into this and follow-up with you.

Thanks,

Edgar

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:48 PM
  • Hi Dave,

Actually VML is not part of the Open Specifications documentation set which is the subject of these forums.   You might try posting to the Office Developer forums.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Escalation Engineer
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Thursday, February 17, 2011 7:17 PM
  • Alex;

I unmarked this as the answer because it does not answer the question and this is the most appropiate forum for the question as it is listed in the OpenXML documentation.

I understand that Microsoft will not provide further documentation on these attributes (you have provided some in the OpenXML docx) but I want to leave this open in case a non-Microsoft person has more info.

thanks - dave

The Programming Olympics - Code Wars
    Saturday, December 3, 2011 7:27 PM