none
adding members to exchange distribution lists using Outlook Object Library RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to be able to add members to Exchange distribution lists, which are in the Global Address List, programmatically using only the outlook client. We have been adding members programmatically thru Active Directory and Exhange server. Permissions to both of these will be removed within a month. When this happens we will no longer be able to maintain our list programmatically. Since we can now add members to lists from the Address Book interface, I was hoping we could do the same thing programmatically by creating a process using the Outlook Object Model or whatever is available.

Is this possible?

Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:30 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Unlike non-Exchange distlist, the ExchangeDistlist does not have methods to add members or to manage it in any way.
    I'm afraid you'll need to manipulate it some other way - not by using Outlook Object Model.

Moshe

• Marked as answer by trebo99 Monday, September 24, 2012 6:08 PM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Unlike non-Exchange distlist, the ExchangeDistlist does not have methods to add members or to manage it in any way.
    I'm afraid you'll need to manipulate it some other way - not by using Outlook Object Model.

Moshe

• Marked as answer by trebo99 Monday, September 24, 2012 6:08 PM
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:44 PM
  • Moshe, thanks for your response. Is there another way to maintain/manipulate an Exchange distribution list from the Outlook client? This is a very significant problem. We have created an application to maintain dynamic distribution lists at the Active Directory/Exchange server level. Now we are being refused write access to Active Directory and Exchange. We are in desperate need of a way to do this. I could only find the Outlook Object Library. Any help would be appreciated. thanks..
    Monday, September 24, 2012 6:14 PM