My experience with ASP.NET Web Pages and WebMatrix RRS feed

• Question

• User1526116210 posted

I know I probably shouldn't post this here but here goes.

Throughout the past year and a half I have been learning development using ASP.NET Web Pages and WebMatrix, it has been a wonderful experience with a lot of new skills learnt along the way.

Since October last year I have been developing my website as my HSC major project in Industrial Technology: Multimedia at school. My website is available at http://www.surgestuff.com. The main intent of my major project is to provide entertainment and I am aiming to eventually have my website community driven.

What I would now like to say is thank you to the people that helped me throughout, most notably Mikesdotnetting (Mike Brind), GmGregori and Rion Williams.

I would also like to ask, if you could see my source code or just by looking at my website is there anything you would change or anything I should change?

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:36 AM

All replies

• User-1496281956 posted

Throughout the past year and a half I have been learning development using ASP.NET Web Pages and WebMatrix, it has been a wonderful experience with a lot of new skills learnt along the way.

Since October last year I have been developing my website as my HSC major project in Industrial Technology: Multimedia at school. My website is available at http://www.surgestuff.com. The main intent of my major project is to provide entertainment and I am aiming to eventually have my website community driven.

What I would now like to say is thank you to the people that helped me throughout, most notably Mikesdotnetting (Mike Brind), GmGregori and Rion Williams.

I would also like to ask, if you could see my source code or just by looking at my website is there anything you would change or anything I should change?

I like the design and it's really cool to see you created all that in ASP.NET WebPages. Show WebPages is amazing. However, this:

Unless otherwise stated I do not own rights to any of the videos or flash games which are hosted on this website, however all the code on the website itself was made from scratch by me. I have no intentions of gaining money from this website, it is purely for fun/multimedia assignment.

You might just get sued soon..

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 3:48 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi mhcodner

I have viewed the website you developed, very impressive, we actively monitor forum conversations in an effort to receive feedback that helps us continually improve our products, other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thanks for your support to our asp.net forums,  if you have any issues in the future, you can give a post directly in  our forums,  : D         

Best regards

Monday, July 8, 2013 5:27 AM
  • User271543802 posted

Did you make all the games on the website?

Monday, July 8, 2013 10:40 PM
  • User895691971 posted

Many people started their journey to ASP.NET via WebMatrix, including me! Its a light-weight but powerfull tool!

This developer community is nice too. They help us alot!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 1:52 AM
  • User1526116210 posted

Did you make all the games on the website?

Nope, they have been submitted by users (people in my class mainly).

I was planning on creating my own HTML5 game to be featured on my site but I didn't have enough time before the due date of the project. I might make one when I finish school though. And as part of the project we need to create a folio detailing our research, planning, record of procedures etc. with a page limit of 80 pages and I have 79 now so I don't think I would be able to document the development of a HTML5 game.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 2:03 AM