none
Preview pane NOT working RRS feed

• Question

• I've recently changed from 64bit version to 32 bit version of office and it's always giving me "this file can't be previewed" in the preview pane. I need to use 32 bit to send email with MAPI. 

I never had an issue with this on the 64 bit.
    I tried the online repair, reinstalled the programme, tried the REGEDIT option where you delete and re-add the previewer but the issue is still there.
    The only hope I see is that for words, it's showing me some previews but it gives me an error message "word could not create the work file. Check the environment variable". It always pops up when I preview a word document. 
    Below is my details. Please help!

Windows: Windows 7 pro 64 bit 

Office ProPlus MSDN (Microsoft Development network ) Retail  version.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:10 AM

All replies

• Hello Josh123457,

What application are you using? Outlook? What do you mean preview pane? Could you please detail the steps how do you reproduce your issue?  

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 5, 2018 5:45 AM