Serve an HTML file from Azure Blob Storage RRS feed

• Question

• I have a blob stored that is a fully formed HTML file. I'd like to render it to a user's browser. Is the best way to approach this to via a stream reader? Samples/examples to work off of?

thx

• Edited by Md Shihab Wednesday, May 10, 2017 4:54 AM Edited title for more clarity
    Monday, May 8, 2017 6:02 PM

All replies

• Refer this guide to render HTML files, stored in Azure Blob Storage, to the Web Browsers. It contains a description for rendering a simple HelloWorld file to a browser that can obviously be extended to other HTML files in similar fashion to suit your needs.
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 4:29 AM
  • Unfortunately this, most direct route is not an option because my site requires https interactions. I think that leaves me no choice but to consume it with my own back end and re-serve the page. An example that demonstrates this approach would be very welcome.
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 9:49 AM
  • Can you elaborate on what you mean by HTTPS interactions? If you follow the approach above in the guide, what use case is missing?

Azure Blog storage will allow you to serve files passively over a HTTPS connection. But it isn't a full web server, so you wont be able to much more beyond that. If you want any dynamic functionality, it will have to be on the client side. OR, you could use Azure Functions to provide some server side processing if that would work. Would either of those approaches work?

• Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Sunday, May 21, 2017 10:33 AM
    Monday, May 15, 2017 12:59 PM
  • See Using the Azure CDN to access blobs with custom domains over HTTPs if you are serving blob content hosted at a custom domain name. 
    • Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Sunday, May 21, 2017 10:33 AM
    Monday, May 15, 2017 6:37 PM