How to find the time length of wmv media file? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
    I want to calculate the exact time length taken by media player to play a  media file (wmv format). How can i do this programmatically?

Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 1:26 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This question is too specific for this general forum so I would suggest you go to a multimedia forum/newsgroup where you can get better help. I am not an expert on this, but here are my thoughts. You could try to find a way to read the metadata of the video file, the video duration information could be there. Or maybe the IAMExtendedSeeking (DirectShow) interface can help you get the info (GetMarkerTime(get_MarkerCount)?).

Regards,
    Chunsheng Tang
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Monday, September 14, 2009 3:45 AM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 3:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This question is too specific for this general forum so I would suggest you go to a multimedia forum/newsgroup where you can get better help. I am not an expert on this, but here are my thoughts. You could try to find a way to read the metadata of the video file, the video duration information could be there. Or maybe the IAMExtendedSeeking (DirectShow) interface can help you get the info (GetMarkerTime(get_MarkerCount)?).

Regards,
    Chunsheng Tang
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Monday, September 14, 2009 3:45 AM
    Friday, September 11, 2009 3:51 AM
  • Hi All,
    I want to calculate the exact time that a media file (wmv format) would take to play for full length. How can i do this programmatically?

Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:50 AM