register stack with Azure error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I get this error when the RegisterWithAzure.ps1 script just after it has created the resource group successfully and then is trying to make a PUT request.

Invoke-RestMethod : {"error":{"code":"InternalServerError","message":"Encountered internal server error. Diagnostic
    information: timestamp '20170904T155716Z', subscription id '662ab6a2-4795-4e90-8fe2-4c95431cfdba', tracking id
    '8b5367e7-9075-4704-8d88-007591d315f8', request correlation id '8b5367e7-9075-4704-8d88-007591d315f8'."}}
    At C:\CloudDeployment\Setup\Activation\Bridge\Register-AzureStack.ps1:249 char:37
    + ... eResponse = Invoke-RestMethod @commonRequestParams @putRegistrationRe ...
    +                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (System.Net.HttpWebRequest:HttpWebRequest) [Invoke-RestMethod], WebExc
       eption
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : WebCmdletWebResponseException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeRestMethodCommand

Monday, September 4, 2017 4:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Gary,

Could you let me know how I fix the stack vms not having internet?

thanks

Tim

• Marked as answer by Tim Penfold Monday, October 2, 2017 3:15 PM
    Friday, September 8, 2017 12:16 PM

All replies

• Hello Tim,

Is this an ADFS or Azure Cloud enabled ASDK?

We’ve seen registration Fail at this step when the ASDK-Host has internet but AzS-BGPNAT01 does not.

Can you run the following PowerShell to verifiy your Internet access on AzS-WAS01 & AzS-BGPNAT01

Invoke-command -Computername AzS-WAS01 -ScriptBlock {tnc portal.azure.com -port 443} 

Invoke-command -Computername AzS-BGPNAT01 -ScriptBlock {tnc portal.azure.com -port 443} 

If they unable to ping out to TCP 443 then that is the problem.

Let us know your results and we’ll troubleshoot further.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your time and interest in Azure Stack.

If you continue experience any issues with ASDK release, feel free to contact us.

PowerShell giving you the Blues? Try my Azure Stack PowerShell Helper scripts

ASDK: Install/Import Azure Stack Modules 1.2.10 & AzureStack-Tools

ASDK: Config PowerShell & set AdminStackAdmin/User ARM Endpoints

ASDK: AzureStack Automation: Register ADFS ASDK for Azure Marketplace Syndication

ASDK: AzureStack Automation: Register ASDK for Azure Marketplace Syndication

Thanks,

Gary Gallanes

Monday, September 4, 2017 6:09 PM
  • Hi Gary,

Yes, you are right, ping times out.

This is an Azure cloud enabled ASDK. I have had to configure a transparent proxy server to act as the Host machine's default gateway, as we only have proxy'd internet on our corporate network. I've also added a persistent route on the host machine to the real default gateway for all intranet traffic (10.x.x.x) but I don't think that would be causing the problem.

Thanks

Tim

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 4:21 PM
  • Hi Gary,

Could you let me know how I fix the stack vms not having internet?

thanks

Tim

• Marked as answer by Tim Penfold Monday, October 2, 2017 3:15 PM
    Friday, September 8, 2017 12:16 PM