none
P10 disks costing more than estimated by online calculator RRS feed

• Question

• We have 34 P10 disks and the storage is costing just over £800 per month.

My understanding is £16.16 per P10 £549.44.

cost reports show that each day the "ConsumedQuantity" as 1.643808

We have other storage accounts where "ConsumedQuantity" is less.  Cost reports are not transparent as to what the "ConsumedQuantity" is made of.   Reason we picked Premium disk is that we understood it was a fixed costs with no transnational costs to boot making it easier to estimate things, clearly not.  well done MS once again clear as mud.

Has anyone else come across this?  I've asked billing support but just checking here as I may get a quicker answer.

thanks

Thursday, August 15, 2019 1:20 PM

All replies

• Firstly, apologies for the delay in responding here and any inconvenience this issue may have caused.

So, the consumed quantity is 1.643808 each day?

Premium disks are billed at a pro-rated rate per day. And then they are added at the end of the month for the total cost for the month. 

If consumed quantity is 1.64 per day, then the actual number of disks they are using will be 1.64 * 31, for that day. 

(ConsumedQuantity * 31) each day. The system calculates this each day and at the end of the month, it adds the usage for each day. 

Billing and Subscription team would be the best to provide more insight and guidance on this regard. Since you have already contact the Billing team can  you share me the SR number? I can check the status of your query. 

Hope this helps!

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Monday, August 19, 2019 3:38 PM
  • Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 11:44 AM
  • @DamoLucid Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 6:48 AM
  • @@DamoLucid Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Friday, August 23, 2019 6:50 AM