none
new ActiveXObject returns "%1 is not a valid Win32 application." RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
          I am trying to run an .wsf file which contains code for creating instances of ActiveXObject and registering the binaries.
          The .wsf file runs perfectly fine with Windows 2003 Server. But, when I am trying to run the same script in Windows Server 2008 R2, I am facing following issues:
          1. Problem while creation of the ActiveXObject, using new ActiveXObject (xxx); command.
              I resolved this by making the entries for the concerned binary in the Wow6432Node registry keys.
          2. After doing this, new ActiveXObject is now returning me another error:
              0x800700C1 i.e. "%1 is not a valid Win32 application."

I am finding hard time to get through this one. Please help....

Thanx :)

Thursday, December 17, 2009 9:23 AM

All replies

• HI

var adoConn = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.Connection") ;

Error failing with 0x800700C1 - ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT (%1 is not a valid Win32 application.) when Script I/O is redirected. That will  be because of executing of a 32bit Script. You don't appear to have 32-bit Active X object installed.

Are you running the latest WinSSHD version? Your problem problem may be caused by incorrect x86 and x64-related environment variables, which we've fixed in 5.04: For More info Regarding the WinSSHD Version History  Check this link( http://www.bitvise.com/winsshd-history)

"When launching a child process, WinSSHD uses the Microsoft Windows API function CreateEnvironmentBlock()  to set up environment variables for the new process. On 64-bit versions of Windows, this function has an issue in that it fails to setup several environment variables which are needed to execute some programs and load some DLLs. WinSSHD now works around this issue by making sure that those environment variables are properly set.

Hope this help’s 

thanks
    Anil Inampudi.

NOTE - Disclaimer

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009 2:31 PM