Updatable metro style app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm developing an app that needs to be updated in the future, but i don't know how to implement an updatable metro style app yet, so can anyone kindly answer my few questions belowed:

1. If i deploy my app via App Store, do i need to implement any thing or does the App Store will take care of the update for me?

2. How do i tell the App Store that there are updates available for my app?

3. Is it possible to update my app manually without any help from the App Store?

Thanks,

Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:11 PM

Answers

• You would submit the updated app to the store. You won't need to do anything else special.

The user will update the app through the Store app.

--Rob

Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:17 PM

All replies

• You would submit the updated app to the store. You won't need to do anything else special.

The user will update the app through the Store app.

--Rob

Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:17 PM
  • Hi Rob,

Can you answer my 3rd point above? E.g: if i install a metro style app, later on, i have a newer version of the app package locally, can i be able to update the installed app using my local package? Or do i have to uninstall the app first, then re-install using the new package?

Friday, March 30, 2012 2:55 AM
  • Hi Rob,

Can you answer my 3rd point above? E.g: if i install a metro style app, later on, i have a newer version of the app package locally, can i be able to update the installed app using my local package? Or do i have to uninstall the app first, then re-install using the new package?

Can i get an answer for this one?
    Wednesday, April 4, 2012 1:56 AM
  • Same answer as before: you would need to submit the update to the store for the user to download.

--Rob

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 2:11 AM
  • Same answer as before: you would need to submit the update to the store for the user to download.

--Rob

Thank Rob, i get the picture now. And i have one small question that may need your help in. When the App Store update my application, what will happen to the application data? Will they be kept?

Wednesday, April 4, 2012 3:46 AM