InfoPath fails after updating ODC file RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following scenario.

InfoPath 2010 Database based form
    SharePoint 2007 (No forms services)

The InfoPath has been published to a form library and worked well.

The connection string in the ODC file has been changed (IP based in stead of Servername)

The form Works in preview and are re-submitted using the same settings.

When opening the form from the form library the connection fails. It seems like the Infopath form is caching the old ODC file.

Where does the ODC file goes when publishing to SharePoint? Embedded into the template.xsn file?

I have no Data Connection Library.

I have experienced this before then making changes to the data connections. In recent occations the problem could be solved be publishing the form to a new form library, but this time i have made several listviews so this is not an option.

Please help

Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:09 PM

Answers

• If you haven't saved the connection in data connection libraries as files, it will be embedded in the form and the above problem may occur.

In my opinion, what you can do is to publish and create an ODC file and save it so that you don't face this again.

Steps can be found here- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff621104(v=office.14).aspx

Data connection files makes your application scalable and extensible. 

sharing is learning Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer"

• Marked as answer by Jack-Gao Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:06 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2013 5:43 PM

All replies

• If you haven't saved the connection in data connection libraries as files, it will be embedded in the form and the above problem may occur.

In my opinion, what you can do is to publish and create an ODC file and save it so that you don't face this again.

Steps can be found here- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff621104(v=office.14).aspx

Data connection files makes your application scalable and extensible. 

sharing is learning Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer"

• Marked as answer by Jack-Gao Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:06 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2013 5:43 PM
  • Try converting your data connection to a file and then store that file on SharePoint. This resolved the issue for me. Hope we're on the same page!
    Friday, September 20, 2013 6:38 PM