none
Configuration Database Design for Web Applications RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am to design a Configuration Database for a Web Application for the Fonts, Images, content...etc.

I have not seen the front end application yet because it is being out-sourced to another company. 

Does anyone have a general database template or knows how I should normalize the database.

Thanks,

dbdeli. 

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:18 AM

All replies

• To be honest this forums is about solving people's specific issues not doing their work for them. If you've been contracted to do some database work then please have a go at first before asking for help on it. Sorry if that sounds harsh but if you don't know how to normalise a database then you'll need to learn fast or let someone who knows get paid for it.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:56 AM
  • pkr2000,

I am not trying to have someone do my work, as I mentioned in my posting. I know the basic concepts of normalization, and I've designed databases before. But what I am not sure of is of is what exactly is a configuration database is? 

I have not seen the front end application because it has been outsourced. I'm not trying to have people do my work, I am just researching on the matter to see if there is a standard way of doing it since it is a database about generic values, like images, font, content and so forth.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 6:33 AM
  • Appologies if I've jumped to the wrong conclusion, sounds like you should looks at CMS' although why you wouldn't implement a theming framework I'm not sure.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 8:52 AM