Unable to play Games on Full Screen in Windows Developer Preview

Answers

All replies

• wait for the Windows 8 Beta, the purpose of the Developer Preview is to learn how to code metro apps.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Saturday, January 21, 2012 2:49 PM
  • There are problem to only some selected games like NFS The Run and Battlefield 3.

I can play COD: MW2 and Saint Row: The Third on full screen.

Can you tell me Beta Date? I know its late Feb but can you tell me exact date?

Saturday, January 21, 2012 4:52 PM
  • We don't know the date. Wait one month till the end of February, get the beta and test it there.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Saturday, January 21, 2012 6:35 PM
  • okies.......  
    wai........ti...........ng.............................. 
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 2:24 PM
  • I'm not sure why you're having a problem. The problem you're describing may be related to the new Metro-style UI that will open the Charms in the lower left-hand corner and allow snapping of Metro apps even when running a full-screen desktop app. It is also possible that your video drivers aren't compatible with Windows 8. The good news is that the Windows 8 beta will be available in about a month, so you don't have to wait long for a new version.
    Sunday, January 22, 2012 4:44 PM
  • yes... you are right...  Metro Preview in left corner is also creating problem. But not in all games. Today I was Playing Assassins Creed Revelation without any problem. But Games like "Brink", Metro Preview is problem.

Well, good news is that I can Enjoy this month with Assassins Creed Revelation. :-)

Thursday, January 26, 2012 6:02 PM
  • Can't think why you would want to move from W7 to W8 to play games (but then you could probably ask me the same question).

However, just out of interest, do the games play better and is there any difference in resources required such as CPU or memory.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:16 PM
  • Well, I can't tell you more because I tried the only one Game i.e. NFS The Run on W7 and W8. It doesn't work with W8. I think Re-installation may solve this Problem. I will re-install it later and will definitely discuss differences (if any) here.

I tried Brink on W8 but Metro Preview Creates Problem.

Good News is that there are many Games which doesn't create any problem Like COD: Modern Warfare 2, BioShock 2, Assassins Creed Revelation, L.A. Noire etc.

You are the only one who ask the best question :"do the games play better and is there any difference in resources required such as CPU or memory"

Sunday, January 29, 2012 5:12 PM