Getting user's information RRS feed

• Question

• User272600043 posted

Hello dear all!

I am currently working on "My information" page for the users. I am using VS's own create user wizard and its own database. But I am confused to get inofrmation of the user that is logged in. My database's name is(aspnetdb.mdf) and I have an sqldatasource (called sqldatasource1). Now what I want datasource to do is retreiving the data of the user that is logged in. For example My user name is  "Admin". When I open "My information Page" datasource will retrieve the informiaton where column username(in the DB) equals "Admin"(the username). How can I do that. I tried some codes but they didn't work. WHen I write them gridview comes empty. I tried (User.IDentity.Name) But it didn't work.

I am waiting for your answers

Thanks!

Friday, January 25, 2013 12:42 PM

Answers

• User3866881 posted

But plus that I want users to see their own information in a page.

Just use the specific user's Info such as ID to query out all the info from the user and use output to page.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:21 PM

All replies

• User2110019919 posted

Seems like you need to setup the ASP.NET Membership roles/providers.

Do you want users to create, login and view pages?

If so, then read this:http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2006/05/07/ASP.NET-2.0-Membership-and-Roles-Tutorial-Series.aspx

You can create your own "users" table/objects, but Microsoft has it built in already. Smile

Friday, January 25, 2013 6:06 PM
  • User272600043 posted

Hello!

First of all thank you for your answer. The artciles are really great but unfortunately ı couldn't find my answer :(  In admin page I can get user's info. that's okay. But plus that I want users to see their own information in a page.

Thanks!

Sunday, January 27, 2013 2:28 AM
  • User3866881 posted

But plus that I want users to see their own information in a page.

Just use the specific user's Info such as ID to query out all the info from the user and use output to page.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2013 9:21 PM