getting my old website to work with a tablet RRS feed

• Question

• We have an asp.net website that is too wide for a tablet.  Part of the problem is that it has a greek temple, with columns at each side and the content between the columns.  The widths of the components of the graphic were specified in pixels.

The client asked me this question.  He has a new laptop with a very small screen (an Asus transformer book).  His laptop shows the whole width of the page, though of course everything is miniaturized to some extent.

Then he tried it on an i-pad.  Here, part of the temple is off screen, and he has to scroll  horizontally to see it.

I suggested that maybe the i-pad tablet lacks the resolution of the Asus.  But he said that i-pads are supposed to have great resolution.  I looked it up and the Asus laptop has 1366 x 768 and the i-pad 2 has : 2048 x 1536 which is considerably more than the Asus.  

So that explanation was wrong.

I could of course convert the pixels to percents, but that will cause side-effects, and my client wants the same exact look.

I have a meta tag, as follows:

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />
    Which helped a little.  But now, what should I do?

• Moved by Mike Danes Saturday, June 27, 2015 9:48 AM html/css issue
    Friday, June 26, 2015 8:54 PM

Answers

• You are correct: I did a search in the forum for tablets questions, there was one in this forum, so I added mine.  I will have to look outside MSDN for an answer.
    • Marked as answer by malikmeister Saturday, June 27, 2015 8:32 AM
    Saturday, June 27, 2015 8:32 AM

All replies

• Where does C++ come in to the picture? I suspect you posted in the wrong forum.
    Friday, June 26, 2015 9:04 PM
  • You are correct: I did a search in the forum for tablets questions, there was one in this forum, so I added mine.  I will have to look outside MSDN for an answer.
    • Marked as answer by malikmeister Saturday, June 27, 2015 8:32 AM
    Saturday, June 27, 2015 8:32 AM