none
SFTP send adapter file name RRS feed

• Question

• I am using SFTP send adapter and WCF SQL receive location.

I have promoted two fields (First name and Last name) from the input message using property schema.

In orchestration, I have assigned context message of the input message to the context message of output message which promoted those First name and Last name as well for output message (also used correlation to property promote First Name and Last Name). 

In <g class="gr_ gr_397 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="397" id="397">send</g> SFTP port using passthrough pipeline I am using the target filename as %FirstName%_%LastName% but it's not working.

I am trying to avoid creating a dynamic send port and assign those properties in orchestration. In there, any way to achieve this using static send port with passthrough pipeline.

• Edited by sriaug Monday, October 29, 2018 1:00 AM
    Monday, October 29, 2018 12:59 AM

Answers

• Those Macros don't exist. see BizTalk Server: List of Macros

You will want to set the FILE.ReceivedFileName context property with the string from First Name and Last Name and then use the %SourceFileName% macro on the send port.

There was a User Voice request (before they too it down) to allow custom macros, but that has not been implemented.

• Marked as answer by sriaug Monday, October 29, 2018 2:12 PM
    Monday, October 29, 2018 3:13 AM
  • You need to use a dynamic port to set "ReceivedFileName" or a custom pipeline to read from your context properties

/Peter

When asking a question please be as thoroughly as possible this will make it easier to assist you http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Monday, October 29, 2018 7:49 AM

All replies

• Have you confirmed if the properties are promoted on the message moving out on the SFTP send port? I am not sure if the SFTP static adapter would allow use of the custom properties, it think it uses the default macros to name the files

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Monday, October 29, 2018 1:54 AM
  • Those Macros don't exist. see BizTalk Server: List of Macros

You will want to set the FILE.ReceivedFileName context property with the string from First Name and Last Name and then use the %SourceFileName% macro on the send port.

There was a User Voice request (before they too it down) to allow custom macros, but that has not been implemented.

Monday, October 29, 2018 3:13 AM
  • You need to use a dynamic port to set "ReceivedFileName" or a custom pipeline to read from your context properties

/Peter

When asking a question please be as thoroughly as possible this will make it easier to assist you http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Monday, October 29, 2018 7:49 AM