none
Windows app store doesn't find app by its KEYWORDS?

Question

• I've found a few post on that subject but didn't find the specific answer. Does keywords really work? If so why they don't work for my app? I can only find my app by its name or publisher. But the name is fancy and there is no possibility that user will find it through search if keywords doesn't work. Browsing in the store app by category doesn't show app too i guess because it is not in the charts.  i'm not planning to promote it as well because app is free. Please explain how do people suppose to discover my app?!

• Edited by gecharo Friday, December 18, 2015 7:38 PM
    Friday, December 18, 2015 7:32 PM

All replies

• Hey together,

I have quite an easy question regarding SEO in the Store. For my app ParkenDD (which is about real live data of parking lots in several European cities) I used a text with many keywords in the description, keywords in the features and also entered some cities in the specific keywords input fields when I submitted my app. However, I'm not able to find my app by searching for them?

E.g. I have "parking" and "Dresden" and "Hamburg" in the keywords, in the app description text. However, I cannot find the app by searching for any of the terms or all together. The only way I can find my app is searching for "ParkenDD".

Is the search really so bad or am I doing something so wrong?! Is there some guide available somewhere?

Thanks in advance and best regards
    Sebastian
    Saturday, December 19, 2015 12:29 PM
  • SEO is that broken.
    Or not broken since MSFT doesn't care about it - they stated 3 moths ago that "everything is fine with app search"...

atm you would have to rename your app to "Parken DD - parking in Dresden and Hamburg" in order to be listed in search results for "parking Hamburg" or "parken Dresden".

Looks like MSFT wants app names up to several hundred characters.
    Very professionell *not*

• Edited by wolfSYS Saturday, December 19, 2015 1:14 PM
    Saturday, December 19, 2015 1:12 PM
  • Hello Sebastian,

If you are still experiencing this issue, please create a request with us here through your developer account so we may assist you appropriately. Thank you!

Monday, December 21, 2015 7:26 PM
  • hi Sebastian

did you somehow solved your problem? mine is exactly the same. no matter what is written in keywords, description or features i can only find my app by its name or publisher.

• Edited by gecharo Tuesday, December 22, 2015 8:05 AM
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 8:05 AM
  • Support ISNT going to help. I've opened over 5 tickets, and they simply gave a standard answer of 'trying to improve store search'.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/Windowsapps/en-US/9b8bd372-43df-40c2-8443-56d0b94a142f/urgent-windows-phone-app-missing-from-the-store-not-searchable?forum=windowsstore

Friday, January 1, 2016 1:03 PM
  • My app is in the store since 18th of December. It's downloaded 2 times total! I don't know how do people suppose to discover my app and wondering how many great apps is not searchable in the store. I've had a big hopes on windows 10 and concept of a universal app. Thought i'll try to make something simple and see how it goes before trying to accomplish more complicated ideas. Even bought a windows 10 device. This is complete disappointment for me. I'm guessing Microsoft is only good at talking about the developers comeback etc.

I've requested my problem as Justin H. suggested. for now i only have response "We are still investigating your keywords concerns.  Once I have an update regarding this issue, I will let you know immediately". Let's wait for little longer...

Monday, January 4, 2016 7:56 AM
  • I have the same problem. It seems the Keywords are ignored at all. A search after one of my Keywords has 3 apps as result and mine is not included. So it can't be a Problem with some sort of result Limit

I have invested a lot of time in this app and nobody can find it.

• Edited by Stonemiller Tuesday, January 26, 2016 6:18 PM
    Tuesday, January 26, 2016 6:17 PM
  • It's already 5 weeks passed after i asked about this problem by sending email to microsoft support. I am getting a standard answer once in a week that "I just wanted to send you another email to assure you that your app keywords concern is still being investigated.  I will reach out ot you again next week or sooner if an update becomes available". having no hopes to receive an answer at all... no need to talk about fixing keywords...

3 app downloads in 5 weeks!!! i have nothing more to say...

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:29 AM
  • after 1,5 month of investigation Microsoft finally soled search by keywords problem. don't know if it happened just for my app (as i requested the problem as Justin H. suggested) or it was a global fix though.
    • Proposed as answer by Stonemiller Saturday, February 20, 2016 7:46 AM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 6:07 AM
  • It's fixed for my app too. From 0 to 13 downloads ;)
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 6:24 PM