VS2017 C# Publish .exe without manifest files RRS feed

• Question

• hi

I have project of type Console .net framework 4.6.1.    A simple hello world. No dependencies. No references.

When I right click and try publishing this project, it goes into manifest mode of publishing.  Where do I change settings to make it a traditional simpler Publish, so I get a .exe file without manifest files.     So that, the Publish folder can be copy pasted to any computer and it runs without issues.

Some research suggested to uncheck LINKER, but this is not available in Projects --> Properties --> Configuration

thank you

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 8:20 PM

All replies

• Hi etl2016,
    Based on your description, I suggest you publish your application via clickonce.
    Please follow the steps below:
    1. Right-click the project -> Properties-> Publish.
    2. Enter the path in the "Publish Location", then you can choose "Publish Now".(You can also publish it using the Publish Wizard.)
    3. Next, you can copy the exe file in the install location directly.
    More details you can refer to this document.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 1, 2020 5:44 AM