none
The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (65536) has been exceeded. RRS feed

• Question

• I meet this error The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (65536) has been  exceeded. To increase the quota, use  the MaxReceivedMessageSize property on  the appropriate binding element. 

After searching the internet, I found this example:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/884235/wcf-how-to-increase-message-size-quota

but it doesnot work for me, please help. Am I doing something wrong?

<bindings>
        <basicHttpBinding>
            <binding name="basicHttp" allowCookies="true"
                     maxReceivedMessageSize="20000000" 
                     maxBufferSize="20000000"
                     maxBufferPoolSize="20000000">
                <readerQuotas maxDepth="32" 
                     maxArrayLength="200000000"
                     maxStringContentLength="200000000"/>
            </binding>
        </basicHttpBinding>
    </bindings>

Thursday, June 5, 2014 6:48 AM

Answers

• Well the data travels between the client and the service. If you have not addressed the service-side config, then it's just going to blow-up.

http://robbincremers.me/2012/01/01/wcf-custom-binding-by-configuration-and-by-binding-standardbindingelement-and-standardbindingcollectionelement/

And if you don't override the default settings on the service-side with a custom binding, the settings are going to remain at their default settings on the service-side and the solution is still going to blow up with the same error.  

Thursday, June 5, 2014 2:57 PM
  • Hi,

It seems that maybe you do not apply the binding configuration to the endpoint, please try to check that you have added the following in your config file:

<endpoint address="" binding="basicHttpBinding" contract="YourServiceContract" 
    bindingConfiguration="basicHttp"></endpoint>

If the above can not help, please try to post your config file here to help find a good solution.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 6, 2014 2:28 AM

All replies

• Well the data travels between the client and the service. If you have not addressed the service-side config, then it's just going to blow-up.

http://robbincremers.me/2012/01/01/wcf-custom-binding-by-configuration-and-by-binding-standardbindingelement-and-standardbindingcollectionelement/

And if you don't override the default settings on the service-side with a custom binding, the settings are going to remain at their default settings on the service-side and the solution is still going to blow up with the same error.  

Thursday, June 5, 2014 2:57 PM
  • Hi,

It seems that maybe you do not apply the binding configuration to the endpoint, please try to check that you have added the following in your config file:

<endpoint address="" binding="basicHttpBinding" contract="YourServiceContract" 
    bindingConfiguration="basicHttp"></endpoint>

If the above can not help, please try to post your config file here to help find a good solution.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, June 6, 2014 2:28 AM
  • Thanks all, it helps.
    Monday, June 9, 2014 2:38 AM