Share a file between Windows Store and Phone App using Roaming Profile

Question

• Using Visual Studio 2013 I created a Windows Universal app for Windows 8.1 and Phone 8.1. If it's run in Windows, it saves an XML file to ApplicationData.Current.RoamingFolder. However the file does not sync to Phone 8.1. I am testing on my phone which does have me logged in as the same Windows Profile as my desktop. Shouldn't the file be there? If not, what's the correct method to share a data file between devices? Thanks in advance!
    Monday, March 30, 2015 12:48 PM

Answers

• Found the issue, in VS, for both projects, right click the project -> Store -> Associate App...

I had done this for only one of them. Noticed this when debugging the Store and Phone apps, the Roaming folder path contained different ID's.

Monday, March 30, 2015 1:35 PM

All replies

• Found the issue, in VS, for both projects, right click the project -> Store -> Associate App...

I had done this for only one of them. Noticed this when debugging the Store and Phone apps, the Roaming folder path contained different ID's.

Monday, March 30, 2015 1:35 PM
  • Hi tallman5,

That's correct, for other communities reference: Roaming app data, also here is a quite detail blog: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dn857358.aspx

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 3:40 PM