none
PowerPoint: Presentation.ReadOnly == msoTrue for an embedded document RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all;

I didn't see a PowerPoint forum so I'm posting here. If this is the wrong place please let me know.

If I have a slide embedded in a writable presentation, Presentation.ReadOnly == msoTrue for the embedded Presentation even though it is writable.

Is there a way to get an accurate value for ReadOnly for an embedded presentation?

thanks - dave

What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

Thursday, May 17, 2018 3:12 PM

All replies

• Hi David,

Could you share us how you access the emdbed slide object with Presentation type and access its ReadOnly property?

I tried to embed a presentation in another presentation, but, I fail to get the Presentation object.

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 18, 2018 5:31 AM
  • Hi Tao;

I didn't do anything special. In a slide I inserted a slide object. I then double clicked on the embedded slide so that I was then in PowerPoint editing that embedded slide. 

At that point, in the AddIn the active slide is the embedded slide.

thanks - dave

What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

Friday, May 18, 2018 11:34 AM
  • Hi David,

How did you access the ReadOnly from active slide?

I insert a slide object, double click to open it, then I used code below to output the ReadOnly property, all of their ReadOnly properties are false.

Sub Test1()
    Dim objShape As Shape
    Dim objSlide As Slide
    Dim objPresentation As Presentation
    For Each objPresentation In Application.Presentations
        Debug.Print objPresentation.ReadOnly
    Next
    End Sub

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 21, 2018 6:56 AM
  • Hi Tao;

I am using ((Presentation)Selection.Parent).ReadOnly and Presentation.ReadOnly. Generally I get these objects from the ribbon menu events.

thanks - dave

Monday, May 21, 2018 2:37 PM
  • Hi;

Any solution yet? It's been 52 days.

thanks - dave

Saturday, June 9, 2018 9:13 PM
  • Hi David,

It's sad that I did not receive any response from escalated team.

If the issue is urgent, you may also consider open a ticket via the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/assistedsupportproducts

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support

Monday, June 11, 2018 6:36 AM
  • Hi David,

To help narrow down this issue, would you mind also uploading a demo project to reproduce this issue. You can upload and share it via OneDrive. Please don't include any sensitive info in the project. 

Regards & Fei

MSDN Community Support

Monday, June 11, 2018 9:06 AM
  • Unfortunately that link has no category for the Office COM API. The Office link only has topics for the web version of Office.

Can you please ask the Office team again?

thanks - dave

Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:34 PM
  • I put the relevant code above in one of my posts. Just use that in a simple COM AddIn.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:35 PM
  • Hi David,

You can follow the steps below to create an incident for the COM add-in:

1. Open the link above

2. Search the Excel product for example Excel 2106

3. Chose Support for business with 'I use it for my business or company' and click the next

4. Chose the Problem type with 'Programming and Custom Solution' then you can select the category for the COM add-in like below figure:

Regards & Fei

MSDN Community Support

Friday, June 15, 2018 5:54 AM
  • Example at https://www.dropbox.com/s/sylt9mbq12r5ure/ExampleAddIn.zip?dl=0

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 8:03 PM