Application based on VS2008 isolated shell does not work on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have application based on VS2008 Isolated shell . Recently on windows 10 we found that the application does not install and exit with error " one or more component missing."

Then I tried to install VS2008 on windows 10 and found it doesn't install either. This means my app will not install and run.

Does anyone has similar issue ? 

Thanks,

AG

Thursday, August 20, 2015 4:05 PM

Answers

• Hi AG,

I tried to install VS2008 on Win10 before, it can be installed successfully. Not sure what problem did you have when you installed it. Post the error message you've got if you can.

I'm not quite sure if VS2008 isolated shell is compatible with Win10, but you can try to install the restributable package firstly, it contains the runtime binaries:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Shell (isolated mode) Redistributable Package

The best approach, I think is to try migrating to VS2013 or VS2015 shell, or create a new Shell application with VS2013 or VS2015. For the migrating, you may take a look at this discussion, it should give you some ideas for how to do it:

http://mpfproj12.codeplex.com/workitem/1391

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Caillen Tuesday, September 1, 2015 8:03 AM
    Friday, August 21, 2015 3:09 AM