How can i over an image on top of a control in a Grid ? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to reduce the opacity on the Grid and display images on top of each control so that both image and control can be visible ,how can i achieve that using code behind and not xaml ?

19karabo91

Friday, January 31, 2014 7:35 AM

Answers

• Set the opacity property on the control:

<controlname>.Opacity = .2;

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, January 31, 2014 1:27 PM
  • If you put items inside a grid, they will automatically overlay each other.  That's why you need to use a stackpanel in most cases.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, January 31, 2014 2:20 PM

All replies

• Set the opacity property on the control:

<controlname>.Opacity = .2;

Friday, January 31, 2014 1:27 PM
  • Yes but how do i display the image on top of a control ?

19karabo91

Friday, January 31, 2014 1:37 PM
  • If you put items inside a grid, they will automatically overlay each other.  That's why you need to use a stackpanel in most cases.

Friday, January 31, 2014 2:20 PM