none
Is Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms printing dependent on PC environment? RRS feed

• Question

• I implemented a printing function using Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms

However, there was a bug in which the width of the character string embedded in the text box in the rdlc file shrinks and is printed

Cause was in PC environment
    The aspect ratio of the pc setting was affected

This was solved by configuring scaling of the Intel graphics driver

Also, I know that the screen reduction ratio also affects printing

I think these are because they convert to an image file at "LocalReport.Render"

Do you know other factors by PC enviroment that affect printing?

I want confidence and proof that there are no other factors

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 1:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Open sesame Technology, Inc,

Thank you for posting here.

Have you preview the print page before you print? Is the preview same with the print result? You could try to set Page Size, you can specify page dimensions that are used only for print output.

For Page Size, you could refer to the MSDN document.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms251693.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 30, 2018 1:17 AM
  • I've not been using Microsoft.ReportViewer for a long time, but if changing scaling of graphic driver could fix this, something is horribly wrong with either ReportViewer or your code.

You know, all printouts are supposed to be drawn using the DC (Device Context) of printer instead of screen? (That's why earlier versions of Crystal Reports always require you to have a printer with desired paper size configured to start building a report, so that it can calculate the coordinates correctly) Changing things like resolution or DPI settings of screen shouldn't have effect on the printout.

Monday, July 30, 2018 1:44 AM
    Answerer