Rights RRS feed

• Question

• I have somehow destroyed my rights. When trying to create a new project, i recieve this error.
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:19 AM

Answers

• Hi Anders,

You should be in project collection administrators, or you should have "create new project" permission. If you have permission to change account permissions, In team foundation service select the collection, and from the security tab, select users sub tab.

Then select your user, and check "create new project" permission. it should be allow, or inherited allow.

If you don't have permission to do this, ask the administrator to do that.

Regards

------------

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:35 AM
  • Hi Anders,

I agree with Samara that you can check the permission of "create new projects" in Team Web Access. Please make sure you have the permission before you can process the corresponding operations.

Best regards, 

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Anders,

You should be in project collection administrators, or you should have "create new project" permission. If you have permission to change account permissions, In team foundation service select the collection, and from the security tab, select users sub tab.

Then select your user, and check "create new project" permission. it should be allow, or inherited allow.

If you don't have permission to do this, ask the administrator to do that.

Regards

------------

Please use Mark as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:35 AM
  • Hi Anders, 

Thanks for your post.

According your description, you’re using TFS Service, so I moved this post to TFS Service forum for the better response.

And as Samara, please check your account’s permissions in collection security, ensure your account has this Create team project permission.

John Qiao [MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:35 AM
  • Hi Anders,

I agree with Samara that you can check the permission of "create new projects" in Team Web Access. Please make sure you have the permission before you can process the corresponding operations.

Best regards, 

Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:47 AM