validation failed. Please see the Windows APp Certification log files at c:\users\creed\appdata\local\microsoft\appcertkit for further details.

Question

• I'm trying to run a validation via VS2013 and am getting this error immediately.  When I go to the log file folder (AppCertKit), it does not exist.

I even tried creating it and re-running but no luck.

Any ideas?

Cheri

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:42 PM

Answers

• I am no longer having a problem since I am running from a privileged account.

Thanks for your help.

Cheri

• Marked as answer by Cheri Reed Monday, May 12, 2014 2:34 PM
    Monday, May 12, 2014 2:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Cheri,

Well, please ensure following things:

1, update the WACK to the latest version, currently the version is 3.3

2, go to folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\App Certification Kit, run appcertui.exe to see if the situation still happens.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:26 AM
  • Hi James,

I updated WACK to 3.3 and ran appcertui.exe.  When prompted for the "App to Validate", my app was not listed.  I clicked "My App isn't listed" and nothing happened.

Cheri

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 1:49 PM
  • Perhaps this is an issue with a non-privileged account as it says in http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsapps/en-US/f40e2869-bda5-4255-8079-c0066d38c674/wack-should-be-able-to-work-as-standard-account-followed-by-elevation.

I am running from a non-admin account.  But even when I run WACK in standalone mode and supply admin credentials, my app is not listed.

Cheri

Thursday, May 1, 2014 3:25 PM
  • Hi Cheri,

Sorry for a late response, I consult with some seniors this morning and we believe that your app is not successfully installed in your operation system, and that's why WACK cannot find your app in the list.

I would suggest you to create a app package by Visual Studio and install in by ShellScript manually to see if there is something wrong while installing the app, if the installation is succeed, you should be able to see your app in the list.

Give a try and tell me if it works :)

--James 

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, May 8, 2014 2:15 AM
  • Hi James,

It installed without any errors but still doesn't list the app when I run appcertui.   And no other apps are listed either...

And my app is listed when I do a Get-AppxPackage.  And from the command prompt, I can run:

appcert.exe test -apptype windowsstoreapp -packagefullname 2c9b929d-f113-4399-b50c-d2998cd41306_1.0.0.172_x64__c0v8sf8fvj5kr

I get results, but I'm not sure this is the right way to do it.  Some of the results are referencing things my project doesn't even use.

Cheri

Thursday, May 8, 2014 8:05 PM
  • I am no longer having a problem since I am running from a privileged account.

Thanks for your help.

Cheri

• Marked as answer by Cheri Reed Monday, May 12, 2014 2:34 PM
    Monday, May 12, 2014 2:33 PM