none
app from store cannot read from registry RRS feed

• Question

• desktop Bridge UWP app which CAN READ from registry while the app is build in visual studio but once i published the app in app store . when i use the app from store , i COULDNT READ from the registry.
    Thursday, April 11, 2019 4:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

First thing that need to know is that when you run your app in Visual Studio, some of the limitation won't limit the app as it is sideloaded when running. For example, you could use many restricted capabilities directly when you run your app in Visual Studio. But if you upload it to the store, you will need approval from Microsoft to use these capabilities. This could be the reason for this. 

Another thing is that only parts of the registry could be access in desktop bridge apps. The range of accessibility is described in the documentation here:Registry. Are you trying to read registry value that out of the scope?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 12, 2019 2:59 AM
  • as the link provided above states that the app can read from HKLM /Software . and i am reading from the same , also would you kind enough to tell me which restricted capability should i use.. i was using runFullTrust., the registry location was HKLM\software\Microsoft\Provisioning\OMADM\Accounts\'subKey'\Protected\serverId

Friday, April 12, 2019 7:20 AM
  • Hi,

So you are reading registry value from HKLM, right? This should work. Do you get any error or exception message for this? 

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:45 AM