ERROR 233 RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting this error when connecting to sql. I cant get into my databases .

"A connection was succesfulyl established with the server, but then an error occured during the login process.

(provider: Shared Memeory Provoder, error: 0 - No Process is on the other end of the pipe.)Microsoft SQL server error:233

Anyone who knows what is going on soem help would be much appreciated.

Mat

Friday, October 12, 2018 7:19 AM

All replies

• You need to switch to mixed authentication mode. Follow below steps - 

1. Right click on the server name and select Properties
    2. Select Security tab
    3. Enable the SQL Server and Windows Authentication Mode
    4. Restart the SQL Server service

Apart from above also ensure that - 

• Go to SQL Server Configuration Manager (SSCM)
    • Ensure Shared Memory protocol is enabled
    • Ensure Named Pipes protocol is enabled
    • Ensure TCP/IP is enabled

Thanks,
    Vivek Bansod
    Blog | MSDN | LinkedIn

Friday, October 12, 2018 7:39 AM
  • Is that a remote SQL Server? Then may a Firewall blocks the access, see Configure the Windows Firewall to Allow SQL Server Access

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Friday, October 12, 2018 7:48 AM
  • It is unlikely that it is a firewall issue, since connection was established. Even less so when it says "shared memory provider" - this indicates that you are connecting to an SQL Server instance on your local machine. Is that so?

With no knowledge of  your envrionment it is difficult to understand what may be going. Assuming that this is an SQL Server instance on your lap/desktop, the first thing to try is to go the SQL Server Configuration Manager and restart the instance.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se

Friday, October 12, 2018 9:39 AM
  • Hi Mat,

Could you please check whether the SQL Server Browser is started. If not, please starting it.

Could you please check the Maximum number of concurrent connections in Server Properties. To see whether the connection has reached to maximum. If it is possible, please set the value to 0(unlimited).

In addition, I'll appreciate that you can provide us the error log for analysis.

Best Regards,

Emily

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, October 12, 2018 9:51 AM