SQL server maintenance plan not downloading to targets RRS feed

• Question

• I have a pair of sql 2012 servers with SSIS installed, server 1 configured as a MSX and server 2 configured as TSX.  I can create a maintenance plan on the MSX, but the plan does not appear in the TSX.  The job does replicate, but fails to run due to missing maintenance plan.  I have disabled firewalls, added the TSX SQL server agent service account as a sysadmin on the MSX, recreated the plan, restarted the services, defected and reenlisted the TSX, tried to use another server as a TSX, and so on.

I do find the following errors in the SQL server agent logs:

Date  6/7/2012 6:33:52 PM
    Log  SQL Server Agent (Current - 6/8/2012 9:51:00 AM)

[073] An exception (0xe0434f4d) occurred in the Maintenance Plans subsystem

The error occurs every time I add a server to the maintenance plan, and always is seen on the TSX.  no errors are seen on the MSX

Friday, June 8, 2012 5:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Prometh_chung,

Regarding to the error message and your description, please check your data in msdb database. Execute SELECT * FROM msdb.dbo.syssubsystems WHERE subsystem='SSIS' to verify that the files from subsystem_dll and agent_exe columns exist.
    For more information, please refer to this KB.

If you'd like to work with maintenance plan(s) that locate on non-default or named (even remote) SQL server instance, see MSDN topic "Configuring the Integration Services Service"in order to modify default settings of Integration Services.

Regards, Amber zhang

• Marked as answer by amber zhang Monday, June 25, 2012 2:29 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2012 3:08 AM