none
Make an RRS feed

• Question

• my friend did somthing that he hosted a www.000webhost.com server and made a program and on the program have richtextbox and a button and you type in the richtextbox somthing and click save after it changes the text in the host.

q...?

Sunday, November 4, 2018 8:46 PM

All replies

• my friend did somthing that he hosted a www.000webhost.com server and made a program and on the program have richtextbox and a button and you type in the richtextbox somthing and click save after it changes the text in the host.

q...?

aha...
    Sunday, November 4, 2018 10:00 PM
  • Hi Ahron321,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, do you mean you want to input something text in the richTextBox, when you click the Save Button, the text would be changed in the host?

If yes, you could get the richTextBox text using richTextBox1.Text property.But, how do you define the host?  

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 5, 2018 6:24 AM
  • https://streamable.com/gu4px
    Monday, November 5, 2018 6:50 PM
  • https://streamable.com/gu4px
    Monday, November 5, 2018 6:50 PM
  • And.... what's your question?

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 12:11 AM
  • Hi Ahron321,

According to the video, it seems like you create a winform application, when you click the button on the form to change the text in the website. What is the website? Does the page create by yourself? Using ASP.NET?

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:42 AM
  • idk my friend created that
    Tuesday, November 6, 2018 3:37 PM
  • idk my friend created that
    And y u asking us?
    Tuesday, November 6, 2018 6:02 PM
  • he wont tell me
    Tuesday, November 6, 2018 7:46 PM
  • -.- ok,

you just need to call an api on your webserver to update the content.

Serverside you can do it different ways and you can use different technics. Easy would be to choose a free php webspace to do it. But you can also use azure and asp or a linux server with coredotnet. You can save the uploaded content in files on your server or in a database like mssql. Most free php webspace provider are providing a mysql db.

Client:

• Implement an app to upload the content eg via http post.(do not forget to use auth)

Server:

• Implement an api controller to update the data.(do not forget to use auth)
    • Implement a controller to provide the data.

• Edited by DerChris88 Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:48 PM
    Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:48 PM
  • Hi Ahron321,

A simple way. Like what DerChris88 said, use database could solve your question.

You could create a winform application. When you input the text to the richtextBox and click the button, it could save the text into a database, like SQL database. Visual Studio has a database, you could use it without installation. After that, create a website, the text which shows in page is from the database. When you click the button, the text in the richtextBox has been save into the databse. The data in database is changed. When you refresh the website, it would show the new text from the database in the page.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support

Friday, November 9, 2018 6:03 AM
  • but can you help me how to do it in the FTP?

and what code i need i think i have that cuz my friend did just one website

• Edited by Ahron321 Friday, November 9, 2018 9:01 PM
    Friday, November 9, 2018 8:54 PM
  • Hi Ahron321,

FTP is a server used to upload and download files. It would not be used like the website which you showed in your video.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support

Friday, November 16, 2018 8:07 AM
  • You have a lot more learning to do before you are ready to ask questions here.  You don't know what you want, and you don't know how the pieces fit together.  None of us care what your friend did.

You can try to create a simple web page with a <form> that accepts an input and maybe displays a result.  Make sure you can make it work by typing things into your browser.  THEN, you can create an application that submits an HTTP request that simulates what the user's typing did.

But before you get there, you'll need to understand PHP (to create the web page), and HTML, and HTTP, and how they play together.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza &amp; Boekelheide, Inc.

Friday, November 16, 2018 11:07 PM