none
App in Muiple region stores RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I was watching a Windows App development (Microsoft Virtual Academy) training video with Jerry Nixon and Darren May recently.

In that video there was a section, where you're encouraged to make your app sit in multiple windows stores by having it translate the text. For example, Germany Windows Store, France Windows Store, Spain Windows Store, Etc.

And to do that, your app, can detect regional settings on your machine, lets say France, and the text within the app will automatically change the text to preloaded French text. Straightforward enough.

I can see the appeal. Who doesn't want to cast their net as widely as possible.

I am thinking of implementing this type of solution. Have my app support all the major languages (Chinese, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German).

Here is my question, now keep in mind i am new to app development and have yet to release my first app:

My understanding is, when you submit an app to the store, you supply the store with a description text. That will obviously be in english.

Is there an options to submit description text for the app, for all those languages mentioned above?

Does submitting to the windows app store cover all regions, if you tick the box that those languages are supported. Or do you have to individually submit the app to each regional store?

Regards

Conor

Friday, March 6, 2015 9:46 AM

All replies