Conversion from string "" to type 'Integer' is not valid RRS feed

• Question

• Was updating some old apps.  When I attempted to run this one I got this Error:

An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Conversion from string "" to type     'Integer' is not valid.

This happened in the Application.Designer, specifically:

<Global.System.Diagnostics.DebuggerStepThroughAttribute()>  _
                      Protected Overrides Sub OnCreateMainForm()
    Error Here =>  Me.MainForm = Global.TimeLine.TimeLine
                      End Sub

Not sure where to look for this error.

Boget1

Friday, July 17, 2020 6:27 PM

Answers

• Hello,

One thing you can try with zero guarantees finding the source of the error but is worth trying.

In Visual Studio, select the debug menu,  select the sub-menu "Windows", then select "Exception settings". Check Common Language Runtime Exceptions, rebuild the project and run it. See if there is an exception thrown other than what is going on currently.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by Boget1 Sunday, July 19, 2020 1:27 PM
    Saturday, July 18, 2020 2:09 AM
  • If possible, investigate the suggested Exception.InnerException and the inner call stack. Maybe it will show the problematic conversion.

Saturday, July 18, 2020 8:24 AM

All replies

• Hello,

One thing you can try with zero guarantees finding the source of the error but is worth trying.

In Visual Studio, select the debug menu,  select the sub-menu "Windows", then select "Exception settings". Check Common Language Runtime Exceptions, rebuild the project and run it. See if there is an exception thrown other than what is going on currently.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Saturday, July 18, 2020 2:09 AM
  • If possible, investigate the suggested Exception.InnerException and the inner call stack. Maybe it will show the problematic conversion.

Saturday, July 18, 2020 8:24 AM
  • Thanks Karen.  Did show me where other errors are, just need to figure out the best method of correcting.  You pointed me in the right direction.  Again thanks for your help.

Boget1

Sunday, July 19, 2020 1:26 PM