Create user and assign group membership RRS feed

• Question

• User224005102 posted

I'm having problem creating an Active Directory user and direct after add the user to an existing group.
    It works 8 of 10 times, and when it fails the method for assigning the user to the group can't find the newly created user.
    Both methods (create and add to group) has it own DirectoryEntry object. (Different OU for user and group)

The environment has 25 Active Directory Domin Controllers, and I think the user is created at one of them and the group assignment is done at another one.
    And this happend before the domain controllers has syncronized the created user account between them.

By putting an delay between creating the user and assigning the group we can get it to work better but this causes other problems.

So how can I create an Active Directory User and assign it to a group within a single connection to an Active Directory Controller?

Friday, October 24, 2014 2:12 AM

Answers

• User1508394307 posted

Did you try to connect application always to the same domain controller? Maybe in this case it will do all operations in one place

For example, you could set MySvr

LDAP://MySvr.MyDom.com/dc=MyDom,dc=com

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 24, 2014 3:02 AM