none
Need a GPS based sample Windows application RRS feed

• Question

• Need a sample Windows(PC based) application working with GPS and having map, position (latitude), drawing image of object in position, alarm and warnings for nearer objects going to cause collision.

It may be written in either VC++ or in C# .NET...

If the sample code have already been shared, pls let me know the link.

I am going to develop a GPS based spotting app for a PC(running on XP) and a display HW (running on WinCE OS). Right now I am studying how the GPS position co-ordinates would be working and other related topics with GPS. I couldn't find any sample simple app which was developed in easily understandable code in VC++ or C# .NET with basic expectation of GPS tracking system. Can you guide me, I am beginner in this area.

Best Regards, Snabak Vinod
    Friday, January 27, 2012 1:16 PM

Answers

• I have examples of this in my book.  Unfortunately, these are VB.NET example.  However, thery is very little syntactic difference, when it comes to converting to C#.  Of course, my example use either Microsoft MapPoint or Bing Maps for the mapping portion.  So, if you want to use an alternate map engine, there would be more work.

You also may be able to find useful example code on www.mp2mag.com.  Again, such code generally applies only to Microsoft based mapping products.

Dick

Dick Grier. Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications 4. See www.hardandsoftware.net.
    Friday, January 27, 2012 10:13 PM