help with emulators RRS feed

• Question

• User-2141075254 posted
    <color="#6633cc">Edited by SomeNewKid. Please post code between </color><color="#000000"><</color>code><color="#6633cc"> and </color><color="#000000"><</color>/code><color="#6633cc"> tags.</color>
    Hi, I have developed a MobileWebForm in VStudio.NET (see code below) and runs successfully when i built it and work perfectly in the Internet Explorer. But when i want to prove it in the emulator (Openwave SDK 6.22 HTML), runs well, i digit my name but when i press the "Ok" button, it generates this error: "Error: Malformed server response". So, what can be the problem? The problem is the emulator? Note: My application takes the text entered in a TextBox and it's send to a second Form when a button is pressed. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- <%@ Register TagPrefix="mobile" Namespace="System.Web.UI.MobileControls" Assembly="System.Web.Mobile" %> <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="MobileWebForm1.aspx.vb" Inherits="MobileWebEnterName.MobileWebForm1" %> <HEAD> <meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 7.1"> <meta name="CODE_LANGUAGE" content="Visual Basic .NET 7.1"> <meta name="vs_targetSchema" content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Mobile/Page"> </HEAD> <body Xmlns:mobile="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Mobile/WebForm"> <script language="VB" runat="server"> Sub Btn_OnClick(Src AS Object, E As EventArgs) 'Move to the next mobile form ActiveForm = Form2 'redisplay the name NombreEntrado.Text = "Tu nombre es: " + TuNombre.Text End Sub </script> <mobile:Form id="Form1" runat="server"> <mobile:Label id="Label1" runat="server" Font-Bold="True">Digita tu nombre:</mobile:Label> <mobile:TextBox id="TuNombre" runat="server"></mobile:TextBox> <mobile:Command id="Btn" onclick="Btn_OnClick" runat="server">Ok</mobile:Command> </mobile:Form> <mobile:Form id="Form2" runat="server"> <mobile:Label id="NombreEntrado" runat="server">Label</mobile:Label> </mobile:Form>
    Sunday, September 5, 2004 1:35 AM

All replies

• User426398061 posted
    Hi fernandomunoz, You mentioned that you are able to run your application on ordinary IE browser. But, not able to get it on OPENWAVE browser. R u using any gateway ??? You will need a gateway when you use a mobile browser to browse the data. Please check it. I am not sure for Openwave but for Nokia u have Nokia Mobile Browser and Nokia Gateway. Hope this suggestion will help u. Thank You.
    Sunday, September 5, 2004 3:36 AM
  • User1037958815 posted
    i also have the same problem. every button click event raises this problem. have u find the answer fernandomunoz?? openwave definitely doesn't need gateway. please try to use openwave browser first before commenting jossadmin
    Thursday, September 23, 2004 1:37 AM
  • User-95607119 posted
    I think there is somekind of a bug in OpenWave 6.2.2 HTTP. It doesn't matter if I use direct HTTP connections or not, the result is same: Error: Malformed server response. But other emulators, like the ones coming with Nokia CA SDK-s or SonyEricsson ones, work normally without errors on same content. Also be careful when creating empty lines in templates. If Visual Studio.Net translates
    to
    then you face the troubles because
    is not valid WML tag.
    Thursday, September 23, 2004 5:11 AM
  • User-2141075254 posted
    Hi kawak zx7, Try unchecking the http direct checkbox. The checkbox is under: tools->options->server->profile->Direct->settings. This worked for me. i hope this work to u
    Sunday, September 26, 2004 7:39 PM
  • User322428247 posted
    Thank you fernandomunoz! Worked for me too.
    Tuesday, October 5, 2004 9:39 AM
  • User682601313 posted
    i follow the instration lioa..... still canot work is it need to fill my own gateway and username and password??
    Saturday, October 16, 2004 10:18 AM
  • User1037958815 posted
    uncheck the http direct, and fill the gateway ip with 127.0.0.1. it will work.
    Friday, December 10, 2004 4:28 AM